|Back to Career Listings|
|Position Title : Hardware Engineering Manager|
|Department : PSG Engineering|
|Position Type : Full Time|
|Location : Santa Clara, CA|
|Job Code : 2017-5152|| |
Teledyne LeCroy PSG develops leading edge test and measurement products. Engineering teams around the globe use our systems to develop next generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products.
Manager level position with emphasis on supervising Hardware and Product Engineering Team. Responsibilities include managing day-day activities of development resources, define and develop various HW development processes, conduct and participate in various design reviews, and work with Operations on various product engineering tasks. Some amount of hands on development acitivity such as design of for high speed interfaces, PCB layout, simulations, component selection and support to manufacturing/customer support on various acitivites is expected. This is a product development position requiring thorough background in developing high end systems including high speed simulation, layout guidence, RF and electrical measurements, and working with Mech Engr for enclosure design and associated sub assemblies.
- Manage Hardware and Product Engineering teams
- Conduct and Participate in various high speed circuit simulation and circuit design reviews and be responsible for system design and functionality
- Manage PCB layout resources and work with outside PCB layout service providers. Knowledge in high speed (> 10Gbps) layout is required
- Manage Hardware Development schedules and interact with Engineering Program Managers to ensure product functionality
- Manage development of system and board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications. Use these procedures to transfer products to Operations.
- Manage with mechanical engineer to design product enclosure and cross check with electrical designs
- Manage design and implemention of unit characterization tests, production tests and integration tests. Supervise execution, analysis, and verify test results.
- Supervise EMC and CE certification as necessary
- Support Manufacturing and Customer Support on various issues. Work with Doc Control on ECOs and associated processes
- Minimum of 10 years of system/board level design exp designing and developing high end, high speed embedded platforms including latest bus topologies, CPU, and memory interfaces. Minimum of 5 years of exp managing cross platform engineering teams. Excellent knowledge of high speed (10Gbps or higher) design methodologies and simulation, including latest bus technologies such as PCIe, USB, SAS/SATA and/or Ethernet. Excellent knowledge of RF/Microwave design techniques and implementation. Excellent knowledge in high speed circuit design, implementation and measurements. Experience in developing and implementing development processes. Good knowlwdge of manufacturing processes and taking a product from development into manufacturing. Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Working knowledge of various EMC/EMI control methods and implementation at PCB/component level. Working experience with various schematic entry tools and test/measurement equipment including high speed, real time oscilloscopes, network/spectrum analyzers, and logic analyzers. Strong system development experience with wholistic approach. Team player. Be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within an organization.
- BS/MS in EE or CE (MS preferred)
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. To see our Policy on EEO click here. You may also view the EEO is the Law Poster by clicking here and its supplement.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position with Teledyne LeCroy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 425-2000 and ask to speak with Human Resources. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Teledyne LeCroy is a participant in E-Verify (English | Spanish) and Pay Transparency. Details on Right To Work may be found in English and Spanish.